- 04.2022 ~ ...: Assistant Professor, Department of Software Systems and Computation, Faculty of Computer Science, Complutense University of Madrid.
- 04.2022 ~ 11.2022: Research fellow at the EU ERC project P2P Models.
- 03.2018 ~ 04.2022: Postdoctoral researcher, Research Group on Agent-Based, Social and Interdisciplinary Applications, Department of Software Engineering & Artificial Intelligence (Complutense University of Madrid), ERC EU project P2P Models.
- 01.2018 ~ 05.2022: Lecturer, Department of Software Engineering & Artificial Intelligence, Complutense University of Madrid. Multimedia technologies & Human-Computer Interaction (TMI #607289) and Web systems (SW #803223).
- 12.2015 ~ 02.2018: Self-employed consultant in social research and free software technologies.
- 10.2013 ~ 10.2016: Postgraduate researcher, Centre for Research in Social Simulation (University of Surrey), FP7 EU P2Pvalue.
- 10.2015 ~ 06.2016: Teaching assistant, University of Surrey. Survey Research (#SOC2029) and Quantitative Methods 2 (#SOC2031).
- 09.2012 ~ 08.2013: Research assistant, Centre for Research in Social Simulation (University of Surrey), FP7 EU QLectives.
- 03.2010 ~ 08.2012: Project Manager & Drupal developer, Educatic.
- 06.2009 ~ 08.2009 & 06.2008 ~ 09.2008: Research assistant, Department of Computer and Information Science (Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet), FP6 EU ASTRA.
- 03.2006 ~ 06.2006: PHP developer, Solusoft.
- 10.2013 ~ 12.2017: PhD in Sociology, University of Surrey. Dissertation: Self-organisation in commons-based peer production. Drupal : "the drop is always moving". Supervised by Professor Nigel Gilbert and Dr Paul Hodkinson. Examiners: Adam Arvidsson and Christine Hine.
- 03.2007 ~ 09.2009 : MSc in Computer Science, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos and Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet (Erasmus). Dissertation: "Development and integration of an awareness applications manager into ASTRA", supervised by Dr Soto Montalvo & Professor Monica Divitini.
- 09.2002 ~ 02.2007: BSc in Computer Science, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. Dissertation: "gTurnos: módulo gestor del reparto de turnos bajo Moodle", supervised by Dr José Centeno.
- 02.2020 ~ 07.2020: Department of Sociology (Digital Societies) at University of Surrey.
- 01.2020: Business School at University of Sydney.
- 06.2016 ~ 09.2016: Research Group on Agent-Based, Social and Interdisciplinary Applications, Computer Science Department, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- 06.2015: Centre for the Study of Digital Ethnography, Sociology and Political Science Department, University of Milan.
Honours and awardsOrganisation Committees & Juries:
- 2021: Member of the Programme Committee of the 17th International Symposium on Open Collaboration (OpenSym 2021).
- 2016: Member of the jury in SwellRT Free Software Development Contest.
- 2016: Co-organiser of the Commons Collaborative Economy conference (Barcelona, 11-13/03/2016).
- 2016: Member of the jury in Visualization and data contest on Commons Collaborative Economies.
- 2015: Co-organiser of the 2nd FLOSS4P2P Workshop on Free/Libre/Open Source Distributed Platforms for Peer Production (London, 16-17/03/2015).
- 2019: Research collaboration visit scheme grant of the Business School at University of Sydney (Australia).
- 2010: Gold Award at "Computer Science Course in JEE platform - An industry Perspective", Infosys, Mysore (India).
- 2008: Academic excellence grant, Comunidad de Madrid.
- 2007: Erasmus excellence scholarship, Caja Madrid.
- 2019: BA thesis "A Balancing Act: Hybrid Organizations in the Collaborative Economy. Empirical Evidence from Amara on Demand" defended by Eve Zelickson with honours and awarded a best STS thesis prize at Brown University (US). Co-supervisor.
- 02.2022: Participation in several chapters of the blockchain podcast: White papers on dissent.
- 12.2018: Collective article on "Distributed technologies to bootstrap the sharing economy" at Open Access Government.
- 07.2017: Short interview about my PhD research at LAB Metadecidim (Spanish).
- 03.2016: Short interview about my PhD research at Drupal Camp London.
- 10.2015: Interview about the first stage of my PhD research at Drupal Easy podcast: "#163 - Drupal Potato (David Rozas, Open-source contributing)".
- 07.2015: Interview together with Dr Samer Hassan about the P2Pvalue project at CORDIS (Community Research and Development Information Service), the European Commission's primary portal for results of EU-funded research projects.
- 05.2015: Personal interview about my research in Universidad Rey Juan Carlos' Alumni Magazine (pp. 10-15).
- 03.2014: Article about the Commons-Based Peer Production directory in WIRED magazine.
- 01.2010: Group interview for a Spanish TV programme during the participation in the trainee programme at Infosys' Global Education Centre in Mysore (India).
- Spanish (native proficiency).
- English (full professional proficiency).
- Italian (elementary proficiency).
Full CV and further information
Please visit publications and presentations for further details about my research experience. If you need a full version of my CV, please contact me. You can also send a connection request through LinkedIn, where I keep an updated version of my CV.